For its Epigenetics division and under the supervision of the Epigenetics Services Manager, Diagenode is looking for a highly motivated, team-orientated Junior Scientist in Bioinformatics.
The Electronics Systems Engineer will have responsibility to participate in the design of our new embedded electronics products.
- Work in a team of bioinformaticians with complementary skills on biological projects utilizing Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) focused on epigenetic analyses
- Performs bioinformatics work related to ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and methylation studies (e.g. WGBS, RRBS, MeDIP-seq, hMeDIP-seq)
- Perform bioinformatics tasks supporting different customer projects
- Be in contact for bioinformatics-related projects with academic and industrial customers and collaborators
- Directly interact with customers and lend scientific expertise toward understanding and assessing customers’ needs, communicating progress, explaining significance of results, and troubleshooting technical issues
- Generate professional technical reports for delivery to customers in a timely manner to meet results delivery deadlines
- Work with Diagenode developers to design and enhance the epigenetic bioinformatics software lab’s pipeline to meet customer’s requirements.
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) in Bioinformatics
- Working experience is a plus
- Experience with NGS data analysis is required
- Experience in Epigenetics and Transcriptomics would be an advantage
- Background in Statistics and knowledge of Bioconductor would be beneficial
- Familiarity with genome databases and annotation would be appreciated
- Proficiency with the Linux Command-Line Interface is essential
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) is an asset
- Programming experience using at least one of the following scripting languages: R, Perl or Python
- Knowledge of LaTeX would be a plus
- Languages : fluent in English, knowledge of other languages (such as French) would be an advantage
- Team and customer oriented person
- Rigour and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abillity to communicate with wet lab/bench scientists are essential
- Excellent reporting skills (oral and written communication skills)
Diagenode headquarters in Liege
In addition to a highly interactive and stimulating environment, Diagenode also provides competitive salaries. Diagenode is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity throughout its workforce.
If you are interested, please send your application with a full detailed CV and a motivation letter, by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org