Under the supervision of our R&D Manager, Diagenode is looking for a highly motivated Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) student to be part of the European PEP-Net training program. The PEP-Net program is an innovative and interdisciplinary network of 11 European academic and private institutions that aim to combine mathematical modeling with quantitative experiments to address fundamental and applied questions in epigenetics (https://itn-pep.net/).
Start of the project
Between July 2019 and October 2019
Conditions to apply
The applicant must follow the EU mobility rules
- He/She must be in the first four years of his/her research career
- He/She cannot already hold a PhD degree
- He/She must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in Belgium for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- Application open to foreigners ready to move to Belgium (3 years)
The ERS student will develop his work at Diagenode S.A in Liège but he will be enrolled as Ph.D in Biology by the Humboldt University of Berlin.
The position is fully funded for 36 months by the European Commission under the H2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network Program.
Marie Curie ITNs provide a highly competitive salary to the ESR, including a competitive monthly living and mobility allowance and (if eligible) a monthly family allowance.
- Development and testing of new bioinformatics pipelines for epigenetic data analysis
- Analysis and interpretation of epigenetics data generated by Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), e.g. ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, RNA-seq, WGBS-seq, RRBS-seq, MeDIP-seq, hMeDIP-seq
- Work in a cross-functional team of bioinformaticians whose main focus is life-science data analysis
- Support the life-science researchers and their ongoing development projects in the Epigenetics R&D department
- Be in contact with academic and industrial collaborators related to the ongoing projects
- Work independently and learn new techniques and bioinformatics procedures
- Generate professional technical reports in a timely manner to meet results delivery deadlines
- Education in Bioinformatics, LIfe-Science, IT (Programming) or Mathematics, a Master degree is preferred
- Experience with NGS data analysis
- Proficiency with the Linux command line interface
- Ability to perform simple maintenance and administrative tasks on the computers (e.g. install and upgrade Linux software tools and R packages, manage user accounts, set up a remote connection etc.)
- Programming experience related to R and shell scripting, knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. perl, python) is an asset
- Rigour and attention to details
- Being open to learn new techniques and self-development
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with wet lab/bench scientists
- Good reporting skills (oral and written communication skills)
- Previous experience in epigenetics, bioinformatics is an asset
- Strong background in (bio)statistics, mathematics is an asset
- Knowledge of database creation and management (e.g. SQL) is an asset
- Familiarity with public life-science databases (e.g. Ensembl, NCBI, UCSC) is an asset
If you are interested, please send your application with a full detailed CV and a motivation letter, by email only, to email@example.com